Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sweet Treats Challenge and Much More!

Welcome to our 10th challenge! The theme is Sweet Treats which if perfect for kid's cards. Think cupcakes and ice cream and anything sweet. Our sponsor for this challenge is Mari K. Creations and her prize includes many sweet treats: pink "stickles", wood mounted cupcake stamp, 2 clear stamp sets, pink chipboard alphabet, Sweet/ Love rub-ons, -14 pieces 5x7 paper, sweet themed, some with glitter and/or foil. (2 each of 7 designs). Check out these pictures:

Sweet! The winner of our sponsor prize is drawn randomly and the top three cards as voted on by our design team win a badge for their blog. You have until June 3rd at Noon to enter with the link below.
Be sure to check on the NEW rules for our challenges on the left side of the blog.

With this post, we are also introducing a new member on our design team, Hilde Marsh. We are so happy to have Hilde join us at SAS4Kids and here is what Hilde shared with us about herself:

Hi there, my name is Hilde and I have 3 children, 2 grown up boys and one girl (15). I am also a grandmother to two wonderful grandchildren. I have always loved craft, in any shape or form, the only thing I haven't done yet is pottery.I used to teach crafts at an adult college, and have done many fundraisers through the church I used to belong to. I have had a silkpainting business many years ago. Sold my creations in shops and at the markets, been there, done that. But my newest love is card making. I do some scrapbooking, but cards are my thing. Love it. Since I have been blogging and joined some challenges, my style has competely changed and is still is constantly changing. Which I love.  I am also loving all the gadgets that come with it. My husband and I will be celebrating out 30th Wedding Anniversary in November this year. Phew, has it been 30years? I am very blessed to have a husband who is my biggest fan and supports me in all my craft ventures.
Please visit Hilde's blog at: http://happyglitzygirl.blogspot.com/  and leave her some congratulations on her new dt position and check out her awesome cards. Here is her card for the Sweet Treats Challenge:

                                Here are the rest of the design team's Sweet cards to inspire you:

Debby's Cards

Mari's Card


Carol's Cards
Visit Karen's blog for more views of this card
Karen's card front and inside
We are also saying goodbye to Mari, the founder of Send A Smile 4 Kids blog and challenge blog and to Wendy, the challenge coordinator of SAS4Kids at this time. Both are leaving because of life changes and had to make the tough decision to step back from these blogs for now. Mari did such a wonderful job getting this cause and these blogs going and Wendy was a huge help to her as the challenge coordinator. They will be greatly missed. Those of us left are determined to keep this great cause going collecting and distributing cards to inpatient hospitalized kids and to bringing you these fun challenges along the way. Please visit us at SAS4Kids main blog to read how you can help put a smile on kids' faces.

Stamping smiles 4 kids,
Karen










No comments:

Post a Comment